This is actually a really old piece and a new piece in one package. I came across the old piece while browsing and regretted never finishing it, so I decided to finally do just that.
The original was in black and white, so I ended up trying completely seperate values and colors for the first time. I did values in black and white and added a color layer on top with, well, all the color. It was an interesting experiment, and worked really well for some things, and was really good for introducing color variety fast to the whole piece without making it really messy. However I ended up painting on top on the parts that I actually wanted to detail, I realised that on many occasions I’m after just the right value and hue, so it just wastes time to try to hit the right value and hue seperately.